Thank you for your interest in submitting an article. In order to ensure that our online publication is valuable and timely, the following guidelines have been compiled for those making a contribution. If you have any questions or comments regarding these guidelines, direct them to the editor using the following contact form.
Things to follow when writing/submitting an article:
- Completed article must be original, well-written and adhere to the guidelines.
- Articles submitted must be in Microsoft Word document format (.doc or .rtf) only.
- Limit article to about 650 words or less.
- Limit Profile article to about 750 words.
- Use single spacing after punctuation.
- Regardless of submission style, all articles will post in the same format.
- If images are included, submit in .png, jpg or gif format only.
Article title and author information:
- Include an appropriate and informative title for article.
- Profile article title: “authors bio”.
- Capitalize only the first letter of each word in the title.
- Include the author’s name, and organization (if applicable).
- The subject matter of submitted articles must be appropriate in language and content for a internet publication.
- Write at a level appropriate for all audiences.
- Do not use profanity.
- Avoid biased or derogatory language.
- Avoid slang.
- All article content must be written from a neutral point of view. This allows all views to be represented fairly and without bias.
- Authors should aim to provide complete information, and not to promote one particular point of view over another whenever possible.
Submitting an article gives Host Yuppie the rights to publish and edit, if needed. The newsletter editor will review all articles and make minor changes for readability, organization and Associated Press style prior to publication. If significant edits are needed, the editor will send the revised article back to author for approval or have the author edit the article themselves. The staff editor must approve the article before publication. The date an article is published will be determined by the editor unless specified by the author.
There is a completed bi-weekly newsletter that articles in Host Yuppie are included in and are available on the newsletter archive page.
Please contact the editor with ideas or suggestions, or to get your article included in Host Yuppie Article Directory.